Thursday, July 20, 2017

Hello from Heidi

O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee,
How great Thou art! How great Thou art!

My soul is certainly singing this morning. Not only am I drinking my first cup of coffee since I've been here, but I am also soaking in the breathtaking Anapurna Mountain range with some incredible people. How blessed am I? Too blessed. 

The trip started with a 15 hour bus ride turning into a 30+ hour bus ride. While we were waiting for the roads to clear, I'm thinking - why would God delay our teaching of His word? If we get off schedule some kids won't get to hear God's word... what good can come from that? As we were sitting outside waiting, I look over and see Pete and Sam talking with a young man and I could hear the words "salvation" and "grace" being thrown around. I watch that man listen with tears in his eyes and a smile on his face. Come to learn, that man was a Hindu. Maybe moments like that are why our journey was prolonged. God knows what He's doing - I should know that by now. I pray that I can recognize those moments and utilize the opportunities that God has put before me. 

Colossians 4 : 5-6 Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. 

I don't know if I've ever had so many moments with tears in my eyes. All of my senses feel heightened being in a new place and taking so much in. It's impossible not to feel God's presence everywhere you go.

It's an adventure to be a child of God.

Heidi Lau




No comments:

Post a Comment