Sunday, July 23, 2017

Gabrielle - Children of God

We've arrived back in Kathmandu after an amazing nine day trip. I've seen so much of Nepal and yet so little. The things I've done and seen and the things I will do on the rest of the trip will stick with me forever.

I was able to teach at four different congregations so far. Whether it was a group of 300 or 30, it's a wonderful sight to see. I hope to teach many more in just the few days we have left.

After my last lesson, we had time to sit with the kids. Interacting with someone who doesn't speak the same language or know general hand movements is something I haven't encountered before. I was sitting by one little girl who would copy my hand movement, so I decided to see if she would play with me. I was thinking of doing some form of Patty Cake, but ultimately I just started patting my legs and clapping my hands, and she would copy me. Other kids started to gather around so I moved on to do it with a couple others. They loved it! They would laugh and smile while trying to figure out how to copy me. Then I grabbed my phone to take a picture and they all crowded around me. They were all so amazing and I hope they grow up to be great Christian people.

On Saturday, we went to the church here in Kathmandu. Half of the service had to be singing. It was amazing to hear all those voices, along with clapping, all in the name of Jesus. They also had drums and guitars which made it sound even more powerful. Although I couldn't understand the words, I knew exactly Who they were giving praise to.

God works in amazing ways. I'm so fortunate that He is using me to accomplish His work here in Nepal.
How great are His works.

No comments:

Post a Comment